CLO 1

“Acknowledge your and others’ range of linguistic differences as resources, and draw on those resources to develop rhetorical sensibility”

As I have evolved throughout the duration of this course, so has my fellow peers who were taking it with me. We each individually have our own ways of approaching our writing as engineers, so collaborating and aiding each other throughout this course proved to be beneficial. Communicating online and having discussions on our work allowed for them to be critical of what we show each other so that we can improve based off these criticisms. This can range from small grammatical issues and formatting suggestions to considering major parts of a document like its purpose and its substance as a subject.

Figure 1 depicts this collaboration process through Blackboard discussion channels. In this circumstance, we displayed our topics for our engineering proposal for the class to comment on it. In this discussion, we received criticisms on the basis of our topic and how we can improve it in the future.

Figure 1- Blackboard Engineering Proposal Topics Discussion Channel