CLO 8

“Strengthen your source use practices (including evaluating, integrating, quoting, paraphrasing, summarizing, synthesizing, analyzing, and citing sources)”

This course learning objective works in tandem with seventh course learning objective. When including outside sources that do not belong to you, it is extremely important to correctly incorporate and cite them. There are many a couple different ways to incorporate these sources into your writing, such as directly quoting them with quotation marks and paraphrasing them. When citing sources, it can also vary depending on what writing format you use, such as MLA or APA. At first it was a daunting task due to the many styles of citing being present, and the many intricacies that follows depending on what type of sources you use. It took a little while for me to understand it, and now I am aware of how to cite and incorporate my sources correctly and effectively. Figure 1 depicts me using multiple sources throughout my introduction of my technical description. I used these sources when I required them to inform my audience on the background of keyboards, and cited them accordingly.

Figure 1 – Technical Description Introduction Sources